Fitzgeralds respects the privacy of individuals and is committed to protecting their personal information. As required by the Guernsey General Data Protection Regulation 2017, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. The Company's policy on the collection and use of personal information is outlined below and states what data we collect, why we collect the data, how it is used, the lawful basis on which your personal data is processed and what your rights are under the Data Protection Laws.
Who Are We
We are John Fitzgerald Photography Ltd (also known ?as Fitzgeralds). We are the data controller responsible for your personal data.
What Information Do We Collect
- Personal Information: This includes your name, address, e-mail address: phone number; as well as the names and other details about your family members and other participants in a photography session, together with other information that you elect to provide to us.
- Payment Information: Information about your debit/credit card and bank account information provided by you to our payment service providers, that we require for the purpose of processing payment for our goods and services.
- Other Information: Personal details you choose to give when corresponding with us by phone, email or visit our studio.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with our services, to create and deliver the products you have ordered and to contact you regarding your use of the services. Such use is necessary to respond to or implement your request and for the performance of the contract between you and us.
- As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- Where we are asked to deal with any enquires or complaints you make.
- To provide communications which we think will be of interest to you.
- To a) comply with legal obligations, b) respond to requests from competent authorities; c) protect our operations, d) protect our rights, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliated businesses, you or others and e) enforce or defend legal rights or prevent damage.
- With your consent, we may use your photographs to promote and advertise our business, including in our studio, printed publications, promotional materials, on our website and other digital advertising of our services and in social media forums such as Facebook. Please note we will not use any images taken of children at school or pre-school in any form of marketing.
- We will not supply your personal information them to any other party for marketing purposes. We may use your contact details to advise you of any changes to our services, prices and terms.
- We may use your personal data for other purposes which you have consented to at the time of providing your data.
Disclosure of Your Information
Third Party: In order to take advantage of some of our services, you may need to supply us with the personal details of a third party, for example, their name and address if you wish us to send them prints. We will not use this information for anything other than providing the service for which the information was supplied.
Legal Responsibility: We will not disclose any personally identifiable information without your permission unless we are legally required to do so for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention of crime or fraud.
Non- personal Information
We may automatically collect non-personal information about your visit to our website, such as the type of browser used or the web site from which links to us are made. This information will only be used to assist us in providing an effective service on this web site. We do not supply the owners and operators of third party web sites which have a link to our site with information about the number of users linking to our site from their web site.
We will keep your personal data only for as
long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes outlined in this
accountin gor reproting requirements whichever is the longer. In
particular, we retain your personal data for 7 years after your last
contact with us and we retail digital files of your photographs for a
minimum period of 10 years. Please note, information and digital files may be deleted within those timescales depending upon system
We may temporarily store some information on your computer when you use our website. These pieces of information are called 'Cookies' and they make possible your use of our web site, which requires 'Cookies' to be enabled. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, which allows you to choose whether or not to accept it. If you decide not to accept, you may not be able to use the Fitzgeralds service.
- Payment: Payment for orders from the Fitzgeralds site is by secure on-line credit card payment. To make this possible this site contains a link to other sites, that of Sagepay and PayPal who are our chosen Credit Card Authorisation Bureaus. If you wish to review their Privacy Policies, you can see this at their websites.
- Secure Server: When you have placed your order and are required to make payment, you are transferred to the payment site, which means we do not process your financial information and therefore are not able to store it. Your payment, using the Sagepay or PayPal system, is transacted through Secure Server Software, which encrypts all information so that it cannot be intercepted.